25 November 2006

Making the Move.

Few things that seem easy tend to remain so. My lateral shift in jobs will likely come at a cost to my comfort level in the workforce as I have a streak of the iconoclast in me. In the main operating room, I will be subject to the actions and ideologues of the many others who work there in more tightly knit cliques than I have experienced before or ever will be close to again. This is not new as I've made this transition in the past when I went from the S.O.R. to Labor & Delivery four years ago. Being male was my most significant tip-off, but in this case, being a new face is good enough. Top this off with working the day shift for a few weeks and I can be assured of a good razzing for some time.

Keep my head. Know that I'm there to learn. Be humble. Answer questions when asked. Ask questions when I need to know. Learn in advance.

The teacher is now the student once again.