11 August 2006

FUN-dimental Reading.

I received an email today from a friend of mine who'd been reading my blog. I had no idea she was actually going to do so. but have to say I thanked her for compliments.

Anyway, she mentioned that my "Currently Reading" and "Last Read" portions on the sideline are unique to the blogging community. I figured that placing this on here would be of value to anyone looking to further their own libraries. I'm such an avid reader that it seemed quite natural of me to take the few moments to place a link to Powell's City of Books and a small picture of the books I read/complete so others could check them out as well. She told me it's not something most people do on their blogs and that I should consider a booklist that compiles those that I've read. I think I'll take her up on that and work on it next week. Keep an eye peeled.

Also, I've been told to add the idea of writing book reviews to my recent listing of ideas as to what I should be blogging about. Too bad my friend isn't getting paid for such thinking because those ideas are worth a lot more than the penny I usually give out.

So, booklisting and book reviews to come. I've just finished Londonstani so I'll make my first review on that by the end of the weekend. Thank for the ideas!