01 August 2006

Almost Missed.

After working many extra shifts, it's difficult for me to return to a daytime schedule of activities. We humans have a gland located in the back of our brain stems called a pineal body which releases melatonin. Well, to make a long story short ("Too late"), I slept for twleve or more hours yesterday and feel a lot better today. Working extra shifts is a lot easier at age 22 than at 32. I can only imagine what they'll be like at 42. Yuck!

Hopefully the day tomrrow will be a calm one, but there is one activity that I know will be particularly somber. I say good bye to a good friend tomorrow. Todd's off to UNLV for dental school. I'll have to work on my poker face more before Lisa and I visit him. He's done well. Received a full Army scholarship, has a beautiful friend Sara, the puppy Gumboo and his two cats, plus he has a lot of well-wishers bidding him to do well. He's a good man to know and I'm going to miss seeing him at work. Writing him once a month will be my intention and if I can make the duty of writing here once a day, then I can acomplish staying in touch with my good friend "smelly-Tood" as well.