24 October 2006

Teacher's Fifth Day.

I gave the Midterm today. Enough said. The average grade was 41. So with an 82% on the midterm and a 90% on the rest, the midpoint grade for my students is a solid B at 86%. Not too bad for a bunch of hard working students.

My department chair, Chris, interviewed me on how I'm doing with the course and gave me the conversational evaluation of my teaching abilities. She sits in for the first half of my class next Tuesday to see how the class is going and how the students think I am meeting their needs when it comes to teaching them matters of interest on the procedures regarding depth and breadth of knowledge and preparation. Their scores suggest knowledge enough.

We will see if I can maintain this for another seven weeks. I'm in less-than-familiar territory with genitourology, but I think they number of prostatectomies, TURPs & TUR-BTs I've done over the years will get me through to December.