31 August 2006

Unintended Patterns.

This blog was not originally meant to be a paradigm for how I write or think. Since its initial posting over one month ago, I have enjoyed marking my day with a brief response over a piece of news or event that struck my fancy that day. Additionally, each Sunday, I remark on a photo interesting to myself and hopefully to others. Considering the Mecca of opinions, blogs, online diaries, My Space pages, BBS systems and their many, varied counterparts, I feel that by not writing on particular stories solely within one idiom is a manner by which I will not draw a large following.

This has, in fact, been my very intention.

However, I have come to find complacency in my writing as of late and suspect this is what regards most blogs as unremarkable. My opinions weigh less without a common theme or purpose. Expertise or specialization has become the rule. Political blogs. Religious blogs. News blogs. The very core of the so-named "blogosphere" is composed of hundreds of dozens of such sites and pages. I feel it is time to work on my particular form of composition and to discover some hidden talent that I suspect resides within the recesses of my literary learning. If this realization is in one field or another, through experimentation here I hope to draw it out and hone it's shape into something appealing to both my readership and self.

It is time to begin a new weekly posting in the form of direct commentary on current political and social issues. I'm a moderate and moderates moderate. So inkeeping with this ideal, I shall post such commentary in the middle of the week: each Wednesday. Perhaps I can hone it enough to make it worthy of publication in op-ed or other formats in the weekend periodicals. Time will tell.

Finally I will offer this idea to those that read my daily postings: I have found that people's intentions change over time in lieu of changing times. Those that remain content with the past, concern themselves with the matters such times encompass. All others explore and create and undo.

I chose to make progress in word and deed. I hope you will join me in doing so as well.