30 August 2006

So Long...

This is the 30th day of August, an auspicious one at that. It is on this day that I have had the pleasure of saying good bye to a few friends and a relative. The former I saw this evening with my wife and some other acquaintances. The later has received my farewells for now the twelfth time.


Sara and Todd met us at the restaurant for dinner and drinks with their friends Scott and Tiffany (a couple) and Joann (a couple in her own mind.) Excellent fish and mohitos (I think they ARE rather "gay drinks".) It'll be difficult after having a good friend leave. Todd's been the guy with whom I can pal around, take in Blazer games, freely discuss politics without concern of offense, or just be silly and juvenile. He's been my buddy for a long time and kept me smiling when others couldn't at work. I like to think I've been there for him as well. I hope it's true.

Todd, you'll do well. This is the right move for you and you will make us all proud in Nevada.

Dad... Happy 86th. I love you and miss you too. I think you'd be proud of my friends and I as well.