06 January 2007

NANI??!?!?

While Lisa slept today I enjoyed a day to myself with breakfast at Henry’s Cafe on Clinton Street. My thoughts turned slightly political while sitting there, sipping coffee, eating a salmon omelet and reading The New Yorker. How funny and deliciously poignant to open a "Senator Barack Obama for President HQ" on 26th and Clinton Street? If he runs, I think it's a smart move. Imagine the Portland stickers that could be made: Live on Clinton/Vote for Obama (15/14) Slightly larger print for Obama's and split the color scheme: a light-blue top with Clinton, a darker-blue bottom with Obama, and both with white lettering.
Like this:After thinking this through a bit, I looked up to see what was playing at the Clinton Street Theater. Low an behold, one of my favorites, SANJIRO, was to be shown that evening at 1900 and 2100 hours. Toshiro Mifune as "The Samurai with No Name" reprised from the movie Yojimbo in a small theatre attached to a brewpub. The evening was not just set, it was solid!